Privacy & Cookies
Windlesham School is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you request a prospectus.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Disclosing Your Information
We will not disclose your personal information to any other party.
Your web browser has a feature called “cookies” which store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to this site. This is standard practice for all websites.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
By using and browsing the Windlesham School website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you can disable cookies in your web browser.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:-
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2 Click on the “privacy” tab
3 Select the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2 Click on the icon “privacy”
3 Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
The following links take you to the ‘Help’ sections for each of the major browsers so that you can find out more about how to manage your cookies.
- Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955
- Firefox http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Google Chrome http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Opera http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Safari http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html
- Safari iOS http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
- Android http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=169022
- Blackberry http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/32004/Turn_off_cookies_in_the_browser_60_1072866_11.jsp
- Windows Phone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx